What can flaxseed do for you..? There are lots of benefits in it to keep you healthy and perfect fit. Do you know it is also wonderful to bake your eggless cake? Tried flaxseed first time to bake this chocolate cake and it came out supper yummy, moist and very soft. I was very much happy with it. Its texture and taste is as same as flour less chocolate mousse cake which I made before with eggs and without flour. You can make cake pops also with itself .No need to mix moisturizing ingredients with it. Here again I made the same cake by texture, taste and look without eggs replaced with flaxseed. It is a very good substitute of egg. One tbsp. of flaxseed and three tbsp. of water is a good substitute of one egg. I did not have believed this wonderful substitute before doing it. Believe me there is no difference in taste ......
Ingredients for cake:
· 125 grams or 1 and 1/4th cups of shifted flour mixture(Take 1 cup of flour and then remove 2 tbsp. of flour from it, instead of mix 2 tbsp. of cornflower in it)
· 21 grams or approximately 4 tbsp. of cocoa Powder
· 175 grams or 3/4th cup and 2 tbsp. of caster sugar
· 180 grams or 3/4th cup butter
· 4 grams or 1 tsp of baking powder
· Flax seed paste (Make powder of 3 tbsp. of flax seed, then mix 12 tbsp. of water in it, within one hour it will be thick like jelly.
· 44 grams or 3 tbsp. of boiled water.
· 1 tsp of vanilla essence
· 1/4 the cup of luke warm milk.
· Mix cocoa powder with boiled water and leave it till became room temperature.
· In another big mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients like flour mixture, baking powder and sugar. Keep aside.
· Now in a mixing bowl beat flax seed paste and cocoa paste together. Then mix butter and vanilla essence in it .beat at medium high speed for 20 seconds.
· Then fold dry ingredients mixture and pour milk slowly in it.
· Pour the batter in a 6 inches loaf tin and bake for 35 minutes at 170 degree C.
· According to oven it may take little more times, insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, then it is ready.
Ingredient For white sauce:
· 50 grams of white chocolate
· Fresh cream - 1/4th cup
· 4 to 5 tbsp. or 50 ml milk
Process for white sauce:
· To make the white sauce, heat the chocolate and cream gently in a pan until the chocolate is melted.
· Remove from heat and mix milk in it very well.
· Pour a little sauce on to each plate and add a slice of cake. Decorate with chocolate leaves. Do this just before you are serving.