Caramel Pudding..If I ask you ,is it good for summer only? What will be your answer?I hope everyone will say , why only summer ,this yummy and healthy desert fits in all parties in all season and liked by all age group. I learnt pudding from my Maa , way back in my childhood and that was without using oven.After that tried many times to make pudding , but felt each time it is not up to the mark, but gradually I realise it becomes tasty and yummy anf now i hope I become successful to make a perfect pudding.Though I can't match with Maa's cooking taste without using oven...
After marriage , once I cook Chicken Rezala and Pudding for guests and all admired me... Today I am sharing this pudding recipe with you all.To make this dish very minimum ingredients needed and not to mentioned all are generally available at our home...
· 1/2 ltr pack milk( used full cream milk)
· 1/4 the cup and 3-4 tbsp of sugar( used measurement cup and spoon)
· 2 eggs
· 2 trimmed bread slices
· 1/8 th tsp of vanilla essence
· Yellow food colour ( optional)
· Boil milk in a heavy pan and add 3-4 tbsp of sugar .Mix it and boil till it became little thick and reduced it's volume.
· Let it be cool in room temperature.
· Now to caramelize the sugar put 1/4 the cup of sugar in a pan and keep it as it is without any movement.Obviously during this time gas flame should be very low.
· When sugar is melted totally,remove from heat and add 2 tsp of water in it,and then it is becaming clot.
· Again re- heat and mix it gently.The smooth caramel is ready to pouring.
· Keep it aside,it will set itself.
· In a big mixing bowl beat eggs and then mix bread paste in it.add vanilla essence, milk and yellow food colour in it.
· Pour it in mould and cover it with a aluminium foil and insert a pin 2-3 times for passing vapour air.