· Chicken pieces with bone(medium) -500 grams
· Potato (peeled and cut in to halves)-3 nos.
· Onion, ginger and garlic paste together (2 big onion,1"ginger and 1 garlic)
· Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)-1 handful
· Fresh mint leaves(roughly chopped)-3/4cup or 2 hand full
· Homemade spice-11/2 tsp.
(Process: Take 1 tsp of coriander seed,1 tsp. of cumin seeds,1 bay leaf,2-3 green cardamoms,1"cinnamon stick,4-5 cloves. Dry roast altogether in a pan till it become light brown. Cool it at room temperature and then blend it.)
· Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder -1/2 tsp.
· Salt to taste
· Sugar 1 tsp.
· Curd -3 tbsp.
· Oil (white/mustard oil)-2-3 tbsp.
· Take a Kadai, heat the oil. Fry potatoes lightly, remove from heat and keep aside.
· In the remaining oil put onion -garlic -ginger paste and cook till it become little fried and changed its colour into brown.
· Next add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and fried potatoes.
· Mix well, then add coriander and mint leaves in it.
· Next add chicken pieces, 1 tsp of homemade spice and 1 tbsp. of water .Mix it well.
· Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes. Will notice oil is floating over the oil.
· Add curd, salt (if need more), sugar, green chilies and mix well.
· Now add little amount of (1/2 cup) water. When it comes to boil reduce the gas flame and cover with a lid.
· It takes only 15 minutes to be cooked. Chicken doesn't take much time to cook.
· Switch off the flame. Spread remaining spice over and finally garnish with mint leave.
· Serve hot with white Rice or Bread as you wish. Both will go well. Cook yourself and enjoy this mouthwatering simple chicken recipe.