· Katla/Catla fish (medium size )-8-10 pieces
· Small onion -1 no
· Ginger -garlic paste-1tsp.
· Poppy seed paste -1tsp.(optional)
· Green chili paste-1 no(can avoid for child or deseed)
· Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves -1 handful (if it have to your home )
· Kashmiri red chili powder -1/2 tsp.
· Lemon juice of one lemon
· Salt to taste
· Little amount of olive oil for greasing
· In a blender first blend onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies and make a fine paste.
(If use poppy seeds, then first put it into a dry blender and blend it. Next add onion, garlic, ginger and chilies in it and make a fine paste.)
· In a big mixing bowl put fish piece and add prepared paste and rest ingredients except olive oil.
· Keep this marinating in to refrigerator for 1/2 an hour.
· Heat a frying pan or griddle pan (which I have used).Grease it with olive oil well and arrange fish pieces in it.
· Keep on the flame high for first 2-3 minutes, then reduce the flame, cover with a lid for another 10-12 minutes.
· Open the lid, the bottom side which was touching with the pan will become blackish-brown, then turn over another side without lid keeping on flame at low. Finally grill for 3-4 minutes.
· Serve hot with mustard sauce and salad.