Aloo tikki is a super tasty snacks and one of well-known street food and can be taken with or without tea. Even you can stuff it into any bread that serves a very good and tasty breakfast. It is mainly made out of boiled potatoes, onion and various spices. Some binding agents are also mixed into it to hold tikki together. For extra yummy ness you can add cheese and preferred vegetables too.
Aloo / Potato is a root vegetable that itself very tasty (with respect to Bengali at least I can say :)) and considered as a small types of cutlet or crochet too . Aloo itself is a binding ingredient, as it contains small amount of water after boiling, for that reason I added some flour for binding and semolina for extra crunchiness.
Its main origin is India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Various forms of tikkies are famous in respective regions. Especially it is one kind of Street food which has no. of forms, its various forms also taken together with bread or Pav in the streets of Mumbai and is one of the most popular daily consumable street foods. So just make a try for yourself and make your kids and family happy.
· Boil potatoes - 4 nos.
· Chopped onion - 2 nos.
· Finely chopped green chilies – 2 nos.
· Flour - 3 tbsp.(Heaped)
· Semolina – 4 or 5 tbsp.
· Finely chopped coriander -1 handful.
· Mango powder – ½ tsp.
· Black pepper – ¼ tsp.
· Red dry chili powder – ½ tsp.
· Salt to taste
· Wash and boil potatoes in salted water (used pressure cooker to boil potatoes).
· Take a big mixing bowl, peel and mash potatoes.
· Then add all other ingredients into it and mix well.(You can also cheese for more yumminess though I avoided to diminish calorie)
· Now take a tawa and heat it after adding two tablespoon of oil.
· Then by taking some portion of the mixture and flatten it on your palm. Shape like a round tikki of 1 cm thickness.
· Add it carefully into the hot tawa and cook them gently by taking 3 to 4 at a time.
· Fry both sides until it becomes golden brown and crunchy. That's it it is ready for a desi grab...