For the last few days I was very busy and can't post anything to my blog. Yesterday afternoon I along my little daughter Pari were playing ball on bedJ. Suddenly Pari gave me an idea of making Chocolate cookies and I also happily agreed with her and quickly I found out the recipe from one of my favourite bookmarked sites and just moved towards my kitchen. Papai (I call my lil as Papai at home often) came with me and started pampering me of helping me to make cookies and obviously my answer was 'no' and she became sad and sat with head down on table. I felt her sentiment and allow her to mix the batter with hand beater after measuring all dry ingredients .She became so happy and gave me a sweet kiss.
Whatever lets come back to the point. These cookies are bit crunchy because of little more sugar addition than flour, and it takes less time to bake. Personally I always prefer it as one of the best tea time cookies.
· Flour -1 cup (130 grams.)
· Oatmeal -1/2 cup (50 grams)
· Unsalted Butter at room temperature - ½ cup (110 grams)
· Brown sugar – 1 cup (200 grams) [if not possible can use white sugar powder)
· Egg - 1 no.
· Vanilla essence -1 tsp.
· Baking soda -1/2 tsp.
· Salt -1/4 tsp. (remove it if use salted butter )
· Chocolate chips- ½ cup (1 ½ handful)
· Roasted cashewnuts – 1 handful
· Glass cherries (cut into half) - for topping
· In a dry mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add oatmeal in it and mix well.
· In another big mixing bowl beat (at low speed) butter till creamy. Then add sugar and beat till soft and fluffy.
· Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C and grease the baking tray with a butter paper.
· Now taking 1 tbsp. of dough at a time and make a shape of small ball and flatten them little bit with palm .Stick cherry in it. Lay them on the tray 2 inches apart.