Winter mean chilled weather, leisureness inside the blanket, hot coffee or tea and yummy snacks .Oh! There is nothing like a winter of Kolkata and the months are of full joy, celebrations, and lots of roaming around, tours and experimenting with mouth-watering varieties of yummy baked goodies. Our taste buds become crazy to grab cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and many more in this season.
I love this season much more than anything else. Though this time winter has come very late and still we can’t feel the sweet chilledness of the weather, never mind we still ready to celebrate the season. The cake mixing is already done and just waiting for the third week of December to experiments with different Plum and Rich dry fruit cakes, today I am going to post “Peanut Butter Marble cake with Chocolate Glaze”. Use of Peanut Butter in usual Marble cake makes consistent taste of peanut all over the cake. Here I used salted butter also to make the cake bit oily. I myself realised previously that only use of Peanut Butter makes the cake bit dry which is not acceptable. So just try your hand you cake lovers and taste it once. Your feedback and suggestions always appreciated.
· Salted butter-150 grams
· Peanut butter-100 grams
· Caster sugar-180 grams
· Egg -5 nos.
· Vanilla extract-1 ½ tsp.
· Flour (sifted) -230 grams
· Baking powder -1 ½ tsp.
· Milk- 4 tbsp.
· Cocoa powder -1 tbsp.
· Coffee powder -1/2 tsp.
· Milk -2 tbsp.
· Melted chocolate- 10-15 grams (after melting I took 3 tbsp.)
· In a mixing bowl sift flour and baking powder together .Keep aside.
· In another small container mix cocoa powder, coffee powder and milk and keep aside.
· Take a big mixing bowl first place two types of butters. Beat it with medium high speed till fluffy.
· Add sugar and beat until it becomes light and creamy.
· Now add one egg at a time and beat well after adding all add vanilla essence. Beat in medium –high speed until fluffy .Then for another 30 sec beat it in high speed.
· Fold flour –baking powder mixture and milk alternately into the egg mixture with spatula or any wooden spoon.
· Equally divide this batter into two and mix previously prepared cocoa- coffee mixture well into one of these.
· Take a 8” mould and after greasing make a butter paper base and spoon white and brown batter (due to the mixing chocolate cocoa and coffee) alternatively into the cake tin/mould. Use a butter knife gently swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect. Tap the tin to remove any air bubble.
· Preheat the oven at 170 deg centigrade and bake for an hour or until a skewer insert and comes out clean.
· So the cake is ready and now we have to ready the dark chocolate glaze.
For chocolate glazing ingredients:
· Butter – 2 tbsp.
· Grated dark chocolate – 30 grams.
· Almond essence – as required.
· Gelatin – ½ tsp.
· Almond or any other essence.
· Heat a pan and add butter and chocolate. After butter gets melted remove from heat and add dark chocolate and mix using a spatula by stirring constantly until there is no more lumps.
· Now add Gelatin and mix well too. So the Dark Chocolate Glaze is ready to pour over the cake. Let it cool moderately.
· First put the freshly baked cake over a baking rack and Just pour the glaze over the cake, you will see it will automatically slides down and extra portion will drop from the rack.
· Yes it is ready for a gig bite.
Note: As the chocolate glaze prepares using Gelatin so pour the glazes just after you prepare it otherwise it gets thicken and it won’t slide down properly.
The post is send to Kolkata Food Bloggers exclusively for the event "Baking Palooza 2015"