This is the last month of the year and again there is new hope along with a new start to begin, The New year is coming. Already the preparations started , streets has already lightened up, Christmas tree and Christmas decorations already done and kids are eagerly waiting for their most loving old person ‘Santa’ with Red Dress and hat laden with variety of gifts. It is the time to say Bye to the ongoing year and welcoming the year to come.
In such a wonderful moment I just wished to bake a new goodie and I decided to bake ‘Apple Rose Tart’ and felt really happy after it came out perfect for the very first time.
Because of the similarities in the outer colour of the apple with rose, red / deep brown apple prefer to prepare the petals of ‘Apple Rose Tart’. It is wonderful in taste and really looks like a real rose.
The dish can be made in two ways; firstly you can make tarts by filling it with cream or juicy fillings and can arrange apple slices. But in this way it is very difficult to arrange the slices to shape them like a rose. The second way of making the dish is bit easy and one needs to roll up a strip of dough along with apple slices horizontally to shape it like a perfect rose. I follow the second one and the result came out really satisfactory and I must mention I followed ‘TipHero’. So what are you waiting for just prepare yourself and Marry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year in advance.
· Flour -1 cup
· Butter - 50 grams
· Red apple -3 nos.
· Sugar powder -2 tbsp.
· Honey -1 tbsp. + extra for brushing
· Water-3-4 tbsp.
· Cinnamon powder –For sprinkling
· Lemon juice of ½ lemon
· Wash apples and cut it into halves. Then slice it as shown in pictures (as possible as thin slices preferable)
· Take a flatten microwave proof plate .Place apple pieces over it.
· Add a tbsp. of honey, 2 tbsp. of sugar, lemon juice and 3-4 water in it.
(You may use more amount of water that can cover the whole apple pieces, but in this case sugar syrup does not make the apple pieces sweetened. little uses of water makes the sugar syrup denser and makes the apple slices tasty)
· Microwave it for 3 minutes at high power.
· Take it out from oven and keep it aside for 1-2 minutes more. Then strain the water. Apple pieces became soft to fold easily. Put the apple pieces gently over a soft and clean kitchen towel. It will soak extra water of apple slices.
· Now for making dough take a bowl and mix flour and butter together and then adding apple juice (previously strained) make soft dough.
· Divide the dough into two.
· Take one of it and flatten it with rolling pin.
· Cut horizontally 8” strips from it.
· Arrange apple pieces (arrange by overlapping) on it and fold it gently.
· Put it into cupcake papers and then over cupcake moulds.
· Brush honey over and sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon powder.
· Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree c or until becomes golden.
· It is ready to serve.