White Pomfret fish is a nutritious and deliciously dish when baked or steamed using oven. Baked Pomfret basically evolves from Parsi Cuisine and people experiments in its own way to make it customised. This delicious dish is quite easy to prepare and one can enjoy the delicious food hot as a side dish.Tandoori fish food lover will also find this one very much attractive. You can also use banana leaves and can wrap the fish before baking it.In Parsi it is called 'Patra ni Machhi' something similar to our very own‘Bengali Fish Paturi Dish’ which I will post very shortly.Hope you all like this and let me know.
· Pomfret Fish – 4 Pieces.
For first marination:
· Salt – ½ tsp.
· Black Pepper – ½ tsp.
· Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp.
For Second Marination:
· Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp.
· Tandoori Masala – 1 tsp.
· Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp.
· Salt – ¼ tsp.
· Poppy Seed – 1 ½ tbsp..
· Coriander leaves chopped – 1 cup.
· Green Chili – 2 nos.
· Ginger Chili – 2 tsp.
· Salt – to taste.
· Lemon Juice – 1 tsp.
· White vinegar – tsp.
· Olive Oil – for brushing and Frying.
· Wash and clean Pomfret whole fishes and make pockets beside the heads (at the side).
· Take one by one and push a sharp knife into this hole/pocket and cut gently the inner flesh to separate its main bone. Don’t cut much otherwise skin will be cut.
· Marinate whole pieces with the first marinating ingredients and keep it for 10-15 mins. Water will release in this process.
· Drain extra water and marinate with second marinating ingredients. Keep it for another 20 mins.
· Take all stuffing ingredients and blend all taken together, you will have a smooth and thick paste .If require you may add little bit of water at the time of blending. So the stuffing is ready.
· Stuff into the fish pockets using the above mentioned paste.
· Grease a tray and place marinated fishes over it.
· Preheat the oven at 200 dg Cent. and bake for 20 mins.
· Just after baking I always prefer to shallow fry fishes using olive oil. This also helps to make Baked Pomfret crunchy and nice golden colour as well.
· Now you can feel a nice aroma of freshly baked out Pomfret. Don’t be late just grab and enjoy the taste…
Tips: 1.At the time of baking fishes will cook completely and it will become very soft, but the fine golden colour may not be there. Don’t worries, if you want then you can grill it for another 8 mins.
2. If you place the fishes directly over the rack, then it will take less time to dry because the water will release easily and drop down under rack. But there is always chance of breaking of fishes as they are very soft so I used tray instead. if you use tray then drain released water after 10 mins while cooking.