I always dream of baking different Breads and Cakes. It gives me so much satisfaction every time I bake perfect. I have a long to-do list of baking stuffs. Bread is the thing which I wish to make more and more and I find myself improving each time. Last Sunday ‘The Telegraph Graphiti’ inspired me to make bread where they mentioned that the basics of baking are to make a perfect sponge cake and basic bread. The perfection depends on climate or weather, use of yeast and time of baking. Sometimes I noticed that it came out perfect from outside but not from inside. So the moderate baking is very important. I myself experience situation when too much use of yeast made it so spongy that it brokes.
This time I tried making Brioches au Chocolates, if you go through Wikipedia the meaning of Brioche is very well written and it is define as “Brioche is a pastry of French origin that is similar to highly enriched bread, and whose high egg and butter content give it a rich and tender crumb. It is "light and slightly puffy, more or less fine, according to the proportion of butter and eggs. “It has a dark, golden, and flaky crust, frequently accentuated by an egg wash applied after proofing.”
So the puffy and chocolate bread is enjoyed by my my kid and hubby ,It is perfect tea time bread. All baking lovers do try in your oven and have wonderful eating.
· Caster sugar - 2 tbsp.
· Dried yeast- 2 small tsp.
· Eggs -2 large [well beaten]
· Egg white of one egg for glazing
· Hot milk -3 tbsp.
· Butter-115 grams /1/2 cup
· Dark chocolate cut into cube -100 grams.
· In small container add milk and caster sugar. Mix it well.
· Then add dried yeast and gently mix .Leave it for 10 minutes intact.
· Sift flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the Centre of it.
· Add milk-yeast mixture into it. Mix well.
· Then gradually incorporating the egg beaten into flour mixture.
· Then add butter and knead well so that it comes out a soft dough.
· Knead well for 5-6 minutes until it became smooth and elastic.
(If required you can add 2 tsp. more flour for kneading.)
· Wrap this dough with a cling film and chill it for 1 hour or overnight if you intend serving it for breakfast.
· Lightly grease brioche molds or in absence can grease the small tart moulds. I did the same.
· From the dough make 12 individual equal balls and stuff chocolate cubes inside it and close its mouth and shape like a ball.
· Place each stuffed balls into tart or brioche mould .Brush egg white over it and sprinkle sesame seed over it .It is ready for going to oven.
· Preheat oven at 180 degree C and bake for 17-18 minutes till it became golden brown.
· That’s it. Your freshly baked 'Brioches au Chocolates' is ready. Beware of taking it hot as for long it remains too hot to burn your mouth.
The Melted chocolate inside...so tempting.