For a long time I was attempting to make famous cookies from Hyderabad’s Karachi Bakery. But it was being delayed without any reason. Whatever, finally I made it yesterday and got a wonderful result and felt very happy to its almost perfectness. Actually the credit must goes to my friend Suparna who continuously poking me to specially bake this type of cookies .She loves Karachi’s Hyderabad cookies very much.
This is basically a fruit Biscuit according to Karachi Bakery and after detail study I got to know that most are made up from Tutti-Frutti. I realise dry fruit like almonds and cashew-nuts also goes well with this. There is no use of milk and baking agent which defers it from general cookies.
So what are you waiting for just preheat your oven and bake your own , it's really really easy and quick to prepare.The recipe adopted from Cafe Garima.
· All-purpose flour - 1 Cup and 1 tsp.(150 grams)
· Butter- 1 cup (110 grams)
· Sugar powder- ¾ cup
· Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp.
· Vanilla essence- 3 to 4 drops
(You can use any other essence if you want)
· Tutti frutti- ¼ cup
(Dry fruits also may be used)
· Sieve flour and keep aside.
· In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar till became creamy texture.
· Add essence, tutti-frutti and vanilla essence in it, mix well.
· Now fold the flour in it with your finger. Don’t mix the flour at a time, add slowly.
· Gently bring the dough together, automatically it will be a soft kneed.
· Shape the dough into long and cover with a cling film.
· To get a square shape put it in a card board box and tie it.
· Keep it in a refrigerator.It has to keep it for atleast an hour
· Then open the cling film and notice it took the shape.
· Cut it into pieces and arrange cookies on baking tray.
(When arranging make a gap in between them, because they expands when they will baked)
· Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree C and bake for 15 minutes.
· When its bottom portion will be brown it is ready, don’t wait to get brown colour as a whole.
· Cool it and store it in an air tight container.