· Hilsa fish( washed and cut in to pieces as shown as in picture)-6 no
· Lemon juice- 3 tbsp.
· Salt-1/2 tsp.
· Mustered paste- 1 tbsp.
· Poppy seeds paste-1 tbsp.
· Green chilli paste-1 no.
· Mustered oil -3 tbsp.
· Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
· Green chilli slices-2 nos.
· Grated ginger-1/4 tsp.
· Take clean and washed Hilsa fish pieces in a bowl.
· Mix 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and little bit salt with fish pieces.
· Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes maximum, then strain the marinated lemon salt water.
· In a small container mix mustered paste, poppy seeds paste, green chilli paste, turmeric powder, salt, rest lemon juice and 1 tbsp. of oil.
· Finally mix this prepared paste with fish pieces.
· Add Coconut milk finally.
· Now transfer this fish mixture in a big mouthed-heat proved container.
· Then spread rest of the oil on it and keep green chilli slices on this mixture. Cover the container.
· Steam it for 15 minutes.
(For steaming I used momo pot, you can use pressure cooker without its top knob that helps not to create whistle. In this case cover the container only)
· After 15 minutes remove from heat.
· So finally the classic Bengali dish is ready to serve with hot steamed rice.