Spice up your Rainy evening with the flavour of the freshly prepared chicken with a taste of fresh lemon; I used Gandharaj Lebu to make it bit different. Chicken kebabs are all time favourite and we always see a long queue for this stall. People waiting patiently in line knowing in a while they will be enjoying a dish packed with Kebabs with any dip and salads. So stay at home and enjoy the rainy evening with freshly prepared baked chicken kebabs.
I had followed the recipe from Hangla Hesel Food Magazine. .
· Boneless chicken pieces (medium sized cube pieces)-20 no
· Olive oil-2 tbsp.
· Rum-2 tbsp.
· Grated garlic -1 ½ tbsp.
· Grated lemon rind of 1(Gandharaj lemon)
· Coriander powder-1/2 tsp.
· Crushed black pepper-1/2 tsp.
· Red Kashmiri chili powder-1/2 tsp.
· Dry oregano-1/4 tsp.
· Lemon juice -1 no
· Barbeque sauce-1/2 tsp.Honey-1 tsp.
· Salt- to taste
· White oil (for brushing)-2 tsp.
· Wooden skewer- as required
· Onion cut into cubes- 1 big sized
· Capsicum cut into cube-1 medium sized
· Wash chicken pieces and dry it with kitchen towel. Keep aside.
· In a big mixing bowl take all above mentioned ingredients except white oil and mix well.
· Add chicken pieces in it and mix it properly so that chicken pieces uniformly covered by the spice mix.
· So the chicken is ready for marination.
· Keep marinated chicken into refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours. Whole night keeping marination will give the best result.
· Skew chicken pieces, onion and capsicum into the skewer alternatively.
· Pre-heat oven at 180 degree C and bake for 20 -25 minutes. Brush oil over the chicken after 12 minutes and turn the chicken for being both sides.
· Serve the crunchy red hot baked chicken kebabs with any prefer dips or soup.
This post specially posted to celebrate the Monsoon with Kolkata Food Bloggers (KFB)