Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Cheesy Corn Pav Sandwich



             The name “Pav ” is something associated with Mumbai street food like “vada Pav”,” Pav Bhaji” and”Mishel Pav” .Infact Mumbai life can’t imagine without these.  Here I made my special signature sandwich using it .It is also one of the favorite lunch boxes for my hubby and my daughter. It is very easy-cheesy and quick to prepare. Infact I used to make it frequently when I don’t have anything special to make good tiffin.
          Generally I’m an early riser person because I enjoy this me time with calm, nice morning and love to do my personal work without any disturbances. But one day it happened just opposite. Waked up very late got puzzle because it was a week day and as usual a busy day. Had no many time to make tiffin .Even I had no time to boil potatoes for making any sandwich. I used whatever ready made things were there in my fridge; I mixed them and prepared a sandwich. But became surprised that it was came out awesome and my real pleasure was that my hubby’s friends also liked this very much.  Every time they asked for the recipe for the same.
         So happy to presenting the recipe of “Cheesy Pav with corn” with you .

Ingredients:
·        Pav bread(cut into half horizontally)-4 nos.
·        Mayonnaise - 3 tbsp.
 For filling:
·        Olive oil-2 tsp.
·        Onion chopped-1 no
·        Garlic chopped-1 tsp.
·        Capsicum chopped-1 tbsp.
·        Hung yogurt-2 tbsp.
·        Sweet corn-1 cup.
·        Grated paneer-2 tsp.(optional)
·        Milk-3-4 tbsp.
·        Dry oregano-1/2 tsp.
·        Green chili chopped-2 no.
·        Paprika powder-1/4 tsp.
·        Pepper crashed-1/2 tsp.
·        Dry basil -1/2 tsp.
·        Salt to taste
·        Grated cheese(Gouda / Mozzarella) - as require.

Method:
·        Take a sauce pan, heat it .when oil is hot, add onion ,capsicum and garlic. Cook for about 1 mint.
·        Add corn (if use paneer then fry it lightly previously), fried paneer and mix it well.
·        Next add other rest ingredients of filling one by one and cook for another 2-3 mints.

·        Now take a half slices of the Pav (bread slice). Spreads mayonnaise over all slices (divide in two groups)
·        Then over one half of the group put prepared cheesy corn stuffing.
·        Spread grated cheese well over it and cover it with another half bread slice from other group.
·        Finally lightly fry in a frying pan with little oil.
·        It is ready for the whole new experience of homemade Indian burger. 


and here again.........



No comments:

Post a Comment