Mango is the king of all summer fruits; we love to eat it any time in any form. This time we Kolkata Food Bloggers (KFB) celebrate the whole week by making anything out of mango. In this regard I'm going to post a traditional and favorite raw mango drink which is nothing but Aam Pora Sharbat / Aam Panna (Raw Mango Sharbat), it needs less to give introduction and I am sure everyone already have tried this.
Though any Summer Cooler gives us a relief from this weather, it acts like antidote when someone needs to get rid of heat quickly. It has a typical nice burn smell and personally I like a pinch of roasted cumin seed powder sprinkled over it. Here I first made "Aam Porar Syrup" and it is used for multiple times to make Sharbat. Sharbat can be made in various ways. You can mix fresh mint extract and liquid soda with it that serves a nice light green colour and taste. But specialty of "Aam Porar Sharbat" is whatever you mix with it, the nice burn smell you get afterward. I must say I didn’t use any extra flavour with it.
· Sugar - as required
· Black salt - little bit
· Ice cubes - as you like
· Roasted cumin powder - for sprinkling
· Wash and dry the mangoes, put it over gas burner and burn it as you do in case of brinjal / Eggplant to make varta.
· When it done, it will look like yellow and black spotted will be seen over it.
· Then peel its skin, mash and remove its seed. Strain the pulp carefully.
· Then boil it for 5-7 minutes .The Aam Pora Syrup is ready.
(You can drop this step, but I did this step for using it several times to make Sharbat)
· To make Panna / Sharbat pour prepared mango pulp in glasses.
· Add the above rest ingredients mentioned and mix it well.
· Yes, the antidote is ready to serve to beat this unbearable heat.
This post specially posted to celebrate mango festival organised by Kolkata Food Bloggers (KFB)