Hi friends….Here I am once again with a very simple recipe called “Jackfruit patties” or “Enchar Patties in Bengali”. If you think is it suitable for this horribly scorching summer; my answer would be it is a perfect tea time snakes with lots of vegetables. It is full of carbohydrates and Vitamins essential for this summer.
Personally I am not huge fan of jackfruit known as “veg meat” and can be made a variety of recipes out of this. The most popular and easy among them is “Enchar Kalia” or “raw jackfruit curry”. Few days back some pieces of raw jackfruit were resting in the refrigerator waiting their turn to cook. But this time I was just tried something different as I didn’t want to throw it away in the garbage bag. That’s how this snack evolves and the taste came out really as good as any other non-veg patties. Feeling very happy to share this simple and easy recipe - “Jackfruit Patties”.
• Raw Jackfruit (cut into cubes) – 15pieces.
• Beetroot (medium) – 1 no.
• Potato (medium) – 1no.
• Carrot - a small
• Onion - 1 medium
• Ginger - 1 teaspoon
• Salt and sugar - to taste
• Peanuts (roasted) - 1 handful (light powder)
• Whole cumin - 1/4 tsp.
• Whole mustard - 1/4 tsp.
• Turmeric powder - 1 tsp.
• Kashmiri red chili powder-1/2 tsp.
• Green chili - 1½ teaspoon (Shredded)
• Coriander powder - 1 tsp.
• Curry Leaf – Moderate.
• Homemade garam masala powder - 1½ teaspoon
(Made up with small cardamom, cloves, cinnamon)
For patties dough:
• Flour – 250 grams.
• Oil-3 tbsp.
• Salt-1/2 pinch
• Black cumin seed-1/4
• Water-as required to make soft dough
· For making patties dough, take flour in a big mixing bowl, oil and salt. Mix it and add required water to make a dough and keep aside.
· Take steamed beetroot, potato, carrot and jackfruit and mashed them gently. Please note that too much mashing should be ignored. Keep aside.
· Now take a deep pan or kadai and take moderate white oil.
· Now fry whole cumin, whole mustard and curry leaf in low frame for 5 seconds.
· Then next add all ingredients and spices except homemade garam masala powder one by one and fry them in low flame. Note that add ginger and roasted peanuts before 5 minutes from removing heat.
· Finally add garam masala (made up with small cardamom, cloves, cinnamon) powder and mix. So the stuffing is ready.
· Now make equal balls from prepared dough and using little bit flour flatten it with a rolling pin and spread out it ½ inch thick, do not make it too thin.
· Place 2 tsp. of stuffing into it and cover it with another one over it. Press edge with your finger and curl the edge. Use a fork/knife to prick to ensure it not to pop up during frying.
· Finally deep fry them one by one and cut by half portion as shown in the figure.
· So the Jackfruit patties are ready to serve and is perfect with evening tea...