Gear up for the rise in mercury level this summer. Cool yourself by every means and nothing if you eat right foods that will keep you hydrated and healthy all the time. The summer of Kolkata makes us irritated, gives less energy to work and waiting for the monsoon to come.
Every time we try to consume more and more sodas and ice cubes for quick relief but we forget the after effects .Anything less than your actual body temperature produces a cooling effect only initially. Then, after minutes, the opposite happens says experts. So the proper way of living and choice of food leads to a healthy and relatively bearable summer.
Lots of moderate cool liquids and summer fruits give us some relief, Today I choose mango for the recipe to cool us down. I made a small twist over mango pudding and used biscuit as base of the pudding, so presenting Mango Pudding with Bourbon Biscuit base as a summer cooler. Hope you all like it..
For mango pudding:
· Mango puree - 3 nos.
(Chopped mangoes roughly, blend it and strain it.)
· Condense milk - 4 tbsp.
· Hung yogurt - 200 grams.
· Powder sugar - 3 tbsp. (Heaped)
· Bread slices - 4 nos.
· Luke warm milk - 1/4 cup
· Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
· Gelatins - 2 tsp.
· Water - 2 tbsp.
· Bourbon biscuits-8 nos.
· Melted butter-2 tbsp.
Method for making base:
· Blend biscuits first and mix butter in it well
· Spread it into a spring form cake tin and press lightly with your finger.
· Keep it in refrigerator for ½ an hour.
Method for pudding:
· In a plate put bread slices and pour milk.
· After 3-4 seconds it will be soft, then mash and strain.
· In a mixing bowl take mango puree.
· Add powder sugar in it and mix it well.
· Then add all rest ingredients one by one and add prepared bread-milk mixture in it. Mix thoroughly.
· Take a small container with 2 tbsp. of water .Soaked gelatin into it .Micro wave for 10 seconds. Stir it without lump.
· Add it into the mango mixture. Again mix well. (Use electric beater to mix equally. You can use it to mix from the first. It will be easier.)
· Pour it over the biscuit base prepared earlier and chill for at least 3-4 hours.
· Garnish top with favorite chopped fruits etc.
Tip: Mix sugar according to your taste. It varies person to person and also depends how much the mango is sweet.
This recipe is specially posted for the ongoing KFB Event "Summer Cooler"