Saturday, 18 April 2015

Caramelised Fresh Fruit Cake

           Sometime I think of a recipe and gathered ingredients for that, but somehow I always been change my mind by another. This leads to unused ingredients rest in my refrigerator and waits to be cooked. Today when I opened my freeze, I saw there are some fruits Apple, Banana and Cherry. They were still fresh. Quickly I thought for making something baked item using them .So that’s born this yummy Fresh Fruit Cake.
          Whenever I prepare cake for my family I prefer Friday to make it as they can enjoy a relaxed morning with cake and a cup of hot tea.
      I thought drizzle it with chocolate glaze, but it was so soft and wonderful in taste that I gave up my glazing idea. I always feel very happy to make my family happy. So try this if you are not done this before. Waiting for your comment and liking.


Ingredients:

·        Flour – 1 ½ cup.
·        Baking powder-1 tsp.
·        Baking Soda – ½ tsp.
·        Eggs-2 no.
·        Sugar – 1 cup.
·        Demerara / Brown Sugar – 3 tbsp.
·        Butter milk – ¼ cup.
·        Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
·        Egg – 2 no.
·        Apple (chopped small cube) -1 no.
·        Date (Chopped) – 8 – 10pcs.
·        Banana (chopped) – 1no.
·        Cherry (chopped) – 8 – 10 pcs.
·        Cashew nuts (chopped) - 8 – 10 pcs.
·        Raisin -8 – 10 pcs.
·        Lemon jest – little bit.
·        Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
·        Walnut - 8 – 10 pieces.
·        Butter – 75 grams.
·        Olive oil – 1/8 cup.


Method:
·        Take a mixing bowl and sieve flour, baking soda and powder together, keep aside.
·        In another container take all chopped fresh fruits, lemon zest, lemon juice and mix well, keep aside.


·        Take another dry pan and heat it, put white sugar and wait till it melts .
·        When sugar melts add butter milk into it and mix well, next add chopped fresh fruit and mix well.
·        Cook it for 3 to 4 mins. Remove from heat and cool it in room temp.
·        Now in a mixing bowl beat brown sugar, butter and olive oil beat it till it become bit fluffy. Add eggs one by one and beat.



·        Next add prepared caramelised sauce into it and mix it with a spatula or wooden spoon.
·        Fold flour mixture and dry fruits with it.
·        The final batter is ready. Preheat the oven at 190 degree centigrade and bake for 40 minutes or until it is baked fully. (Check with a tooth peak, if it comes out clean, then it is ready).
·        Let it be cool down. It is ready and enjoy it with tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment