Chicken patties are one of the snacks which are universal lovable recipe and I also love it. I consumed it so many times but never tried it at home. It’s my first attempt to make Patties myself.
Before doing I searched much about it. It seemed to me there are lots of process to prepare patties dough, that plays the king roll of making any kind of patties. Somewhere yeast is used and others tried without it, sometime egg is used, but there are so many versions where egg not at all used. Now a day’s readymade pastry dough are available and are used widely though it is not available in all stores.
That’s why I tried to make this from basic dough and tried to make patties from scratch. When I pulled my chicken patties from oven, it was too glazy, crunchy and yummy. I was surprise to get the taste more or like stores.
Still I have a curiosity that when I buy patties from store, it carries so many crunchy layers. But what the procedure I am still searching? Is it possible to make many layers at home like shop?
Whatever, I am sharing my recipe which is healthier and must a try for moms; they are liked by all kids. Please do share your views and suggestions
For patties dough:
· All-purpose flour-2 cups
· Dry yeast-6 grams
· Salt-1/2 tsp.
· Sugar powder 1 tsp.
· Egg( beaten)-1 no
· Milk in room temperature-2/3 cup
Method For patties dough:
· In a big mixing bowl mix flour, dry yeast, salt and sugar thoroughly.
· Add egg beaten and mix.
· Next add milk and make sticky dough by pressing your hand.
· Wrap that though with cling film and keep it in any warm place to raise its volume twice. It takes times of around 1 hour.
· After that put it into refrigerator for 2 hours and take it out. Let it be time for catch up room temperature.
Ingredients For chicken filling:
· Chicken kema-400 grams.
· Chopped onion-1 no
· Chopped garlic/grated garlic-1 no
· Finely chopped ginger/ grated ginger-1 tsp.
· Coriander powder-1 tsp.
· Crashed black pepper. 1/2 tsp.
· Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
· Red chili powder-1/4 tsp.
· Chopped green chili. 2 no
· Salt- to taste
· Fresh coriander leaf (chopped)- 1 tbsp.
· White oil-2 tbsp.
· Garam masala powder (Dry roast green cardamom and clove, then make powder) - 1/2 tsp.
Method For chicken filling:
· Take a pan. Heat oil.
· When oil is hot, add onion, ginger and garlic, Mix and cook for a minute.
· Now add chicken kema and mix.
· When chicken changes its colour into white, add others spice one by one and mix also.
· Cook for 6-7 minutes, it became dry. Remove from heat, and keep aside to cool.
Method for Final patties making:
Dough and filling are ready.
· Divide the dough into two.
· Sprinkling flour on a surface, flatten the dough. The dough has to flatten about 1/4'' thick.
· Cut it into 4 equal square shapes.
· You can make any other shapes.
· Take square dough, put filling into middle of it. Then first fold into first two corners, then next fold others two corners one by one to that point where previously two corners are met.
· Preheat oven at 200 degree C, then bake for 20 -22 minutes or until it become golden in colour.
Tip: 3-4 minutes before pulling out from oven brush egg white more one. It will serve the appearance so glazy.