If we dig deep into its history, we find that it originated in Punjab province of undivided India though it is hard to bet over that but it is always safer to say that.Post-independence it spreads almost all parts of India and now a days it is available each and every corner of the Nation as well as in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and among almost all countries of South Asia. Tandoor chicken is named for the traditional cylindrical clay oven (Tandoor) in which the chicken is cooked. Though sometime we missed the actual smoky taste of the dish when we made it at home but still it is very much feel good when you actually grill it at home with almost same taste. So go ahead and grill your own and have a juicy bite.
Chicken pieces(as shown in the pics) with bone-5 pieces
For first marinating:
· Lemon juice-1 no.
· Black pepper powder-1 /2 tsp.
· Salt -very little
For second marinating:
· Hung curd-1/2 cup
· Ginger paste-1/2 tsp.
· Garlic paste-1 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder-1 tsp.
· Red food colour-1/2 tsp.
· Salt -less than 1/4 tsp.
· Chat masala-1/4 tsp.
· Kasuri methi powder-1/4 tsp.
· Fresh cream-2 tsp.
· Chicken tandoori masala-1 tsp.
· Mitha atar-1 drop.
· Mustered oil-1 tsp.( optional)
· Clean chicken pieces and dry with kitchen towel.
· In a mixing bowl mix first marinating indigents with chicken and keep it in refrigerator for ½ an hour.
· After this time chicken will release water, drain that water and mix 2nd marinating ingredients with it.
· Keep it in refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. Overnight marinating serves best result.
· Now place all chicken pieces one by one on high rack.
· Cook chicken pieces at 180 degree C in micro grill combination for 25 minutes or until chicken become soft.
· Brush oil or butter over the pieces in between this time.
· Then grill it for another 5-6 minutes.
· Yes tandoori chicken is ready. Not to mention grab freshly prepared hot pieces for a bite and best fitted with green chutney and salad. I also prefer Delhi style, that is with butter nun or with simply Rumali roti.