Going through a tough time, me as well as my lil daughter were down for the past few days and I was totally out of blogging, but now everything is going towards positive and I am back with cooking & blogging .I am more concern for our ongoing KFB event as we have reached at the end of the event “Know your Bloggers -2”. Our last but not the least KFBian for this event is Rakhee S Dutta from the blog “My World Of Baking and more…”. Food and writing is her passion and Bread making is the USP of her blog. I got few important tips from her and it really helped me in bread making. Though I never met her physically but virtually we are always close to each other and can say she overcomes any situation with a sweet smile.
I have tried to recreate “Pineapple upside down cake” and you can find her post here. Extending her recipe I have chosen to caramelise using brown sugar.
· Butter-90 grams+ 20 grams
· Brown sugar powder-140 gram
· Canned pineapple slices-4 rings
· Egg(separated)-4 no
· Grated rind of lemon-1 no
· Sugar powder-1/2 cup
· Flour-2/3 cup
· Baking powder-1 tsp.
· Heat a non-stick pan. Melt 90 grams butter. When melted, add brown sugar powder, stir constantly to mix the sugar.
· Cool it for 10 minutes and pour it into greased baking mould with oil and flour.
· Place the pineapple slices on top in one layer. Set aside.
· Beat egg whites with electric beater until it became soft peak. Mix sugar powder in it with hand. Set aside.
· Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.