Thursday, 19 February 2015

Pineapple upside-down cake

  Going through a tough time, me as well as my lil daughter were down for the past few days and I was totally out of blogging, but now everything is going towards positive and I am back with cooking & blogging .I am more concern for our ongoing KFB event as we have reached at the end of the event “Know your Bloggers -2”. Our last but not the least KFBian for this event is Rakhee S Dutta from the blog “My World Of Baking and more…”. Food and writing is her passion and Bread making is the USP of her blog. I got few important tips from her and it really helped me in bread making. Though I never met her physically but virtually we are always close to each other and can say she overcomes any situation with a sweet smile.
         I have tried to recreate “Pineapple upside down cake” and you can find her post here. Extending her recipe I have chosen to caramelise using brown sugar.   
Ingredients:
·        Butter-90 grams+ 20 grams
·        Brown sugar powder-140 gram
·        Canned pineapple slices-4 rings
·        Egg(separated)-4 no
·        Grated rind of lemon-1 no
·        Sugar powder-1/2 cup
·        Flour-2/3 cup
·        Baking powder-1 tsp.


Method:
·        Heat a non-stick pan. Melt 90 grams butter. When melted, add brown sugar powder,    stir constantly to mix the sugar.

·        Cool it for 10 minutes and pour it into greased baking mould with oil and flour.
·        Place the pineapple slices on top in one layer. Set aside.

·        Beat egg whites with electric beater until it became soft peak. Mix sugar powder in it with hand. Set aside.
·        Whisk together egg yolks, 20 grams butter, and lemon rind until well blended.


·        Pour this mixture over the prepared egg white mixture.


·        Sift carefully flour and baking powder together and fold it into the egg mixture.

·        Pour this batter over the pineapple.
·        Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
·        Cool it.  de-mould and have a big bite..


The recipe is a part of the ongoing event of Kolkata Food Bloggers


No comments:

Post a Comment