We(KFBian) are now very close to the end of our on-going event “Know your Bloggers
and we virtually known to each other more closely. With all such thing I am
back with the on-going event “Know your
and this time Antara Roy is the star of the week form the blog Antypasti with whom I have met once at our
Bake Sale -2014.A management Consultant by profession and a very friendly in
nature. Her blog Antypasti is the open diary of her life journey related to
food and travel and obviously not to mention are largely connected to each
Among those huge collections of posts I hit upon the recipe Kosha Aloo which is a very attractive and tasty .With due respect to the post I twist it a bit with Gujarati Flavour. The combination with “Green Peas Kachuri” came of the world.
· Baby potatoes-500 grams (peeled, boiled and cut into half)
· Finely chopped tomatoes (medium) - 2 no.
· Fresh Masala-2 tbsp.( heaped --see below)
· Garam Masala-1 tsp.( homemade--see below)
· Salt- to taste
· Sugar-1 tsp.
· Fresh coriander chopped ( for garnishing)- as required
· White oil-3 tbsp.
· Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp.
· Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp.
· Ginger-2 inch
· Green chili-2 no
· Garlic-1 no
· Lemon juice-1 no
· White oil-2 tbsp.
Method Fresh Masala:
Make a paste with blender.
· Cinnamon stick-1/2 inch
· Clove-3 no.
· Star anis-1 petal only
· Black pepper-4 no
· Coriander seed-1 tsp.
· Cumin seed-less than 1/2 tsp.
Method Garam Masala(Gujarati Flavour)
Dry roast and then make powder.
· Heat oil in a deep bottom pan. Sauté potatoes remove from heat and keep aside.
· Use the remaining oil and add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
· Add very quickly onion .otherwise it will burn. Now cook onion for a minute.
· Next add chopped tomatoes into it, cook until the oil is released. It means tomatoes are cooked.
· Add homemade fresh Masala and cook for 3-4 minutes.
· When it cooked add lightly fried potatoes, sugar and salt. Mix it well.
· Add 1 cup of hot water(using remaining fresh masala ) into it.
· When it begins boiling, put 1/2 tsp. of freshly prepared Gujarati flavoured gram Masala and let it to boil in low flame with lid for 10 min to 15 min.
· When gravy become thicker, remove from heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
· It is ready to serve, perfect with green peas Kachauri or simply garma gram Roti.