Bundi Cheese Cake
Home cooks and bakers will agreed upon the fact that Master chef is their favourite cooking show. I am really crazy fan of master chef India and chef Vikas Khanna .I never wish to miss a single episode. I really like the way participants getting mature day by day. Really they are among us with commitments which giving them that extra mile. Last week I saw an episode where Neha(one of the participants) leading a team called “Nari Shakti”, where the winning team presented a recipe called “Bundi Cheese Cake”. Neha’s team shows the excellence of team work. The winning team defeated losing team of Amrita by 3-0. The full recipe was telecasted on Sunday and I am just trying to recreate the recipe.
Everything starting from Bundi to Mascarpone cheese and Phirni made by me fresh, the marmalade layer over the cake is the idea of my hubby and it came out mouthwatering and fresh. Try it out today.
· Bundi (Bonde in Bengali) – 1 cup.
· Whipped Cream (beaten) – 1 cup.
· Phirni – ½ cup/2 tbsp. heaped.
· Mascarpone cheese (homemade) - 3 tbsp. heaped.
· Kesar Essence – 2 drops.
· Orange marmalade – 2 tbsp.
First let us prepare Bundi, Phirni and Mascarpone cheese and then finally we will prepare our very special Bundi Cheese cake.
Ingredients of Phirni:
· Elaichi / Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp.
· Milkmaid – 3 tbsp.
· Cream milk – ½ lt.
· Sugar – 2 tbsp.
· Gobindo Bhog Rice (Paste) – ½ cup.
Method of Phirni:
· Wash Gobindo bhog rice well and socked in water for 15 mins. Now after draining water blend it and keep aside.
· In a deep pan heat milk up to it begins boiling, add sugar and mix it well.
· Now add Gobindo bhog rice and stir constantly to avoid lump.
· When it is about to thick add cardamom powder and milkmaid.
· Cook for 5 – 6 mins, remove from heat and let it be cooled.
Ingredient of Mascarpone cheese:
· Amul fresh cream – 1 pack.
· Lemon juice –1 tsp.
Method of Mascarpone cheese:
· Heat a pan, put fresh cream into it and starts heating and finally add lemon after its boiling.
· Stir constantly for 5 -6 mins in medium heat , when it became thicker remove from heat and place it over a muslin cloth to strain the extra water from it. Keep in mind that you have to store it outside refrigerator for overnight before complete staining and after you can store inside refrigerator for a day.
Method of Bundi Cheese Cake:
· In a mixing bowl take first beat the whipped cream until it has soft peaks.
· Add freshly prepared Phirni and Mascarpone cheese in it, fold well using spatula or wooden spoon.
· Take 2 tbsp. water in a cup and add 1 tsp. gelatin powder into it, soak for a minute then microwave only for 8 - 9 seconds.
· Add it into the cheese mixture prepared and Kesar essence, mix very well.
Finally For plating….
· You need a cake/desert ring, place it over a flat plate and spread Bundi into it and press bundi using the back side of a spoon or your thumb.
· Chill it for 15 mins in refrigerator.
· Now pour cheese-cream-mixture over the Bundi and spread equally using a spatula/spoon.
· Chill it again for at least 3 – 4 hrs.
· Pour melted orange marmalade over the chilled and set cheese cake and again put it inside refrigerator for overnight.
· Just before serving de- mould it and enjoy the mouthwatering desert..