Recipe Cook Time : 30 min. (approx.)
· Cow Milk- ½ lt.
· Semolina- 1 handful
· Crashed cardamoms- 2 nos.
· Bay leaf-1 no
· Palm jaggery ( Nolen gur in Bengali)-1 small cup
· Chopped cashew nuts-5-6.
· peanuts- 8-10 nos.
· Raisins- 6-7 nos.
· Salt-1 pinch
· Ghee-1 tsp.
· Let’s boil the milk first.
· In the meantime on another gas burner take a pan on medium heat.
· Put ghee. When hot, add all type of nuts. Fry lightly.
· When its colour is just becoming light brown, add vermicelli and after one minute add semolina in it.
· Fry it for just 2 minutes.
· Remove from heat.
· When milk is boiled, add jaggery and mix it well. Keep the heat low.
· Add cardamom, bay leaf and raisins. Let the milk mix to boil in low flame.
· Next add previously prepared fried semolina, vermicelli mixture into milk mix.
· When it is become thick, put off the flame.
· That’s it …Serve cool or hot as you like.( I like cool)