Christmas celebration is already started and this is the pre-celebration of the New Year also. Kolkaka got its new and fresh look now and there is so many Colourful stars, balls, bells and Christmas tree reminds us the Famous Santa is coming with lots of gifts. My lil already started to pray to’ Santa ‘ for her favourite gifts and also busy to decorate her room with Christmas tree, bells etc. What special I am doing in this festival? I am making so many cakes for them and their friends. Felling so happy and I am also now praying to the Santa about my lil and all the kids to remain happy always. This festival also incomplete without cakes and chocolates, I am posting a recipe which is really really easy and quick to bake and equally good in taste, is very yummy and excellent. Please try out this and let me know do you like or not.
Ingredients for the tart:
• Maida (Flour) – 100 gm.
• Butter – 50 gm.
• Ice cold water to make tart.
Ingredients For cake :
• Flour- ½ cup
• Egg-1 no.
• Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp.
• Baking powder-1/2 tsp.
• Butter-2 tsp.
• Sugar powder-1/2 cup
• Tutty-fruity or almond-8-10 nos.
Process for tart:
• Rub butter into Maida(Flour) with finger tips.
• Add chilled water of about 1 tbsp. and knead dough (it should not be soft).
• Make dough to ¼ inch thickness using your palm.
• Press neatly in tart cases.
• Place this into the refrigerator for set.
• Mix flour and baking powder together.
• In an another bowl beat sugar, butter.
• Add egg and beat well.
• Fold flour mixture in it.
• Pour the batter in tart pastry prepared earlier.
• Sprinkle tutti-fruity over it.
• Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree C
• Bake for 25 minutes.
• It is ready for big bites.
This recipe is posted on the eve of Christmas and specially for the Kolkata Food Bloggers Community..