Fried fish is all time favorite of my little daughter in lunch and dinner. The type of fish is irrelevant to her, the only requirement is hot and crispy fried fish out of kadai .She really loves to eat hot fried fish with stream rice. Truly speaking the taste of hot fried fish (which is called Garam-Garam Mach Bhaja in Bengali) with hot rice is also favorite to most of the Bengalis and when there is question of fish curry we often do lots of permutations and combinations to make a new recipe out of fish
Today I am sharing “Pomfret Malai Curry” which is bit uncommon as malai curry related to Prawns (Chingri).I was also confused about the result of the taste t, but believe me it came out really awesome and now is a hit in my family. It is very easy to cook with very little ingredients and can be made quickly.
I must mention the name “Rimpi” my friend who always finds out shortcut methods of cooking and gave me the original idea of Malai curry using Pomfret instead of Prwan.so try it and let me know about your liking.
Recipe Serving : 2
Recipe Cook Time : 30 Minutes
· Pomfret fish (washed and clean) - 4 nos.
· Whole Garam Masala-
1. Cinnamon- 1/2".
2. Cardamom-2 nos.
3. Clove-3 nos.
· Tomato-1 no.
· Onion-1 no.
· Garlic-4-5 pods
· Ginger-1" piece
· Coconut milk-1 cup (I used homemade coconut milk. I blunt the grated coconut with two tbsp. of hot water and strained.
· Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder-1/2 tsp.
· Salt-to taste
· Sugar-11/2 tsp.
· Green chili slit-2 no
· Blend Garam masala, tomato, onion, ginger and garlic together.
· Take fish in a plate and mix turmeric powder and salt. Fry in hot oil. As Pomfret is very soft, so don't fry much.
· Remove from heat and keep aside.
· Use the remaining hot oil and put turmeric powder chili powder
· Next quickly add the prepared paste.
· Cook for 2-3 minutes.
· When it will begin to boil add fried fish and green chili slits.
· When oil is floating on top add coconut milk.
· And also add salt and sugar according to taste.
· Let it boil for 5 mints in low flame.
· Remove from heat, and give a standing time.
· Serve hot with hot steam rice.