This is the second week of our very special Event 'know your blogger -2", we the KGB bloggers celebrating it in a unique way to know each other much closer. This week’s star KGB blogger is Jayati from jayati’s food journey. She is the person we all known as a very calm and cool with ability to balance the time with her profession and passion. She really thought us how to cook good Bengali recipes through her blog, sometimes she also used to fusion recipes from east and west. I must mention that each blog post neatly described step by step with pictures. Simply I am a huge fan of the blog jayati’s food journey.
I am recreating her recipe 'chicken dopiaza' and followed step by step as described and believe me it was came out just awesome.my little daughter also give a positive response in her own way. You can go through the original post for “Chicken Dopiaza”here.
· Chicken with bone -500 grams
· Vinegar -1 tsp.
· Onion slices-4 medium
· Ginger paste-1 tsp.
· Garlic paste- 1 ½ tsp.
· Hung curd- ½ cup
· Green chili paste-2 no.
· Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder- ¼ tsp.
· Salt-to taste
· Sugar-1 tsp.
· Mustard powder-as require
· Ghee-1 tsp.
· Marinate the chicken with vinegar for at least an hour.
· Remove from heat and keep aside.
· Put chicken pieces into the remaining oil. Fry the chicken lightly
· When the chicken pieces is being changed color into white, Remove it from heat.
· Now add turmeric and chill powder into the oil.
· Cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.Add hung curd, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
· Next add chicken pieces,
· Add 1 cup of water using the container of the curd where it was bitten before. Let it to boil with lid in low flame until the chicken is boiled.
· When the gravy is being thicker, off the gas and spread fried onion over it.
This post is exclusively for the ongoing event "Know Your Blogger -2" for Kolkata Food Bloggers.