“Topse Fish "(Mango fish in Bengal) is a delicious sweet water fish available easily in market in eastern India. The fish is saffron in colour on its edges makes the fish beautiful and attractive. Topse Fry is one of the exotic dishes and is one of my favorite starter recipes for any get-together. Though it is pretty expensive but the taste overrides the cost. The very soft and little bones makes the fried pieces easy to consume and also suitable for kids.It is really easy and quick to prepare.Try out the starter and enjoy the taste.
· Coriander leaves (with roots) - 1 branch.
· Mustard paste -1 ½ tbsp.
· Green chili - 2 nos.
· Garlic pods - 6-7 nos.
· Salt - to taste.
· Lemon juice - 1.
· Ginger - 1/2 inch.
· Onion powder - 1 tbsp.
· Besan (Pulse flour) - 5 tbsp.
· Rice powder - 2 tbsp.
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder - 1 tbsp.
· Garlic powder - 1/4th tsp.
· Ginger powder - 1/4th tsp.
· Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp.
· Salt - as required.
· Baking soda - little bit.
· White oil - as required for deep fry.
· First clean Topse Mach (Mango fish) pieces and mix all ingredients for marination after blending all well.
· Marinate for 15 - 30 minutes.
· Now mix ingredients of batter with water and prepare a medium thick so that it covers fishes completely and it should now leave the surface of the pieces.
· Finally deep each pieces into the prepared batter and deep fry in medium hot oil until it becomes golden brown.· Serve hot with onion or kasundi (Chile Mustard Relish) or simply with tomato sauce.