This is my second attempt for a banana cake and what encouraged me was that it came out perfect though one of the bananas turned black on its skin and it was really overriped. This time i prepared it eggless and it really came out quite moist and soft. The extra added fat that is walnut makes it perfect in taste and combination with banana. It is perfect for your regular use with Tea and coffee and is also useful in small parties as you can store it in air tight container, also its taste enhances every day as they age as I noticed (I may be wrong).Feel free to suggest me for further enhancement.Happy cooking......
· Ripe bananas - 1 and 1/2 nos.
· All-purpose flour-1 and 1/2 cup
· Sugar powder-1 cup.
· Milk maid-1/4 cup
· Butter-2 tbsp.
· White oil-1 tbsp.
· Baking powder-1 tsp.
· Baking soda-1/2 tsp.
· Walnut chopped-1 and 1/2 tsp.
· Vanilla essence-1 tsp.
· Vinegar-1/4 tsp.
· In a container first mashed bananas.
· In another mixing bowl beat sugar, oil and butter until frothy.
· Next add all other ingredients one by one and mashed bananas except flour and beat it well.
· Fold flour into it.
· Now Grease a loaf tin with oil and flour.
· Preheat the oven at 190 degree centigrade and bake for 40 minutes or until it is baked fully. (Check with a tooth peak, if it comes out clean, then it is ready).· Let it be cool and enjoy it with tea or coffee.