In my point of view nothing can compares to a freshly baked tart, would you agree? Tart fillings ranges from spicy chicken stuff to sweet apple. But the world of tarts and quiches is much bigger than one could imagine, in fact it has extended its borders from France to the rest of the world, which in turn means that we all not only enjoy the common traditional recipes, but also a whole range of mixed flavors and that also in tarts and baked items.
An open mind towards all kind of foods and its uses can be even enlightening and that just enhances our taste experience. Take for example the Pizza. Pizza must be the most loved meal in the world and there are countless versions and topping opportunities. So why wouldn't that work with other dishes?
The base is always the same in all Tart recipes; the fillings or toppings are often extremely different. Here I tried Soya chunks and made a very spicy and healthy fillings with some grated cheese on top. The result came out really well, generally people often like chicken fillings but here one can use my variation for vegetarians. A must for all foodies and do try make yourself and experiment bit for its variations.
Soya masala tart
For tart case:
· Flour- 130 grams
· Butter-60 grams
· Child water-1 tbsp.
· Medium sized tart mould-1 no.
· Soya mini chunks [Soaked in Luke warm water and little bit salt mixture, then mashed]-1 cup.
· Chopped garlic- 1 tbsp.
· Chopped ginger-1 tsp.
· Chopped Green chili -1 no.
· Chopped coriander leaves-1/2 cup
· Salt- To taste
· Black pepper- ½ tsp.
· Pizza cheese-1/2 cup or as much you want
· Paprika powder-1/4 tsp.
· Olive oil -1 ½ tbsp.
For tart making:
· In a mixing bowl put flour and butter .mix well. Pour water and make a soft dough.
· Take tart mould and flatten the prepared dough with your palm or rolling pin. Put it on tart mould and pressing it as shaped as tart.(I don’t use rolling pin because I feel easy to make with my hand. Don’t spread the dough thinly. Otherwise it will be broken when baked.
· Pre-heat the oven 230 degree C and baked for 12-14 mint. It will be demoulded very easily.
· Heat pan .When oil is hot put onion, garlic and ginger chopped and sauté 1 mint.
· Add mashed soya, salt and spices except chili and coriander leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes. When it will be dried, remove from heat and mix chili and coriander leaves.
· Stuff this filling into the freshly prepared tart and spread grated cheese over it and bake another 5-6 mint. Serve hot and enjoy.