Monday, 19 May 2014

Masala Bread

       Began this hot sunny morning with my simple Bread-Butter toast, but the fun is that the bread is freshly baked at home, not bought from store. Feeling very happy, because got the great success after making this bread, which became possible only for one of my KFB friends “Rakhee”, who had given a good suggestion to use a particular yeast named “GLORIPAN”.
            On early days when I started to try bread at home, I tried Indian naans and plain white bread .Though most of the time I achieved Success sometimes failed and at that time I was clueless why it was not baked out perfect. But using this particular yeast I am now realising that the success rate becomes 100% .This great success and admiration of my family members also inspiring me to make more and more varieties of bread.



    Ingredients:

·        Flour – 2 cups
·        Sugar- 1 ½ tbsp.
·        Salt -1 ½ tsp.
·        Luke warm milk-100 ml
·        Luke warm water- 150 ml
·        Dry parsley chopped -1/2 tsp.
·        Chat masala – ½ tsp.
·        White oil -2 ½ tbsp. Flour -2 cups.
·        Olive oil -1/4 tsp.
·        Yeast-1 tsp.
·        Onion seed – ½ tsp.
·        Sesame seed – ½ tsp.





Method:
·        In a mixing bowl put flour, yeast, salt and sugar and mix it well. Keep it aside for a moment.

·        In an another big mixing bowl put all liquid ingredients like milk, water, oil and mix it.

·        Slowly put the mixed dry ingredients into liquid mixture to make a soft dough. 


·    Drizzle little bit olive oil in it and Cover it with a cling film, put in a warm place for at least one hour or until it nearly double in size.

·        Take a base as board or silicon sheet .Sprinkle flour on it and punch down with your hand.

·        Flatten this dough with hand .Sprinkle chat masala and parsley on it. fold it. Sprinkle sesame seeds and onion seeds on it.


·        On an oven proof tray put a butter paper and place folded dough on it.


·        Preheat the oven in 190 degree C and bake for 40 min. Let it be cool and cut.


·        You may slice it as I did and enjoy the freshly baked Masala Bread with tea or as you like.

FOR MORE RECIPES VISIT MY FACEBOOK PAGE Ume’s Kitchen
https://www.facebook.com/Umekitchen  ,If you really like to appreciate my recipes don't forget to like my page.

2 comments:

  1. Urmi, I am so touched for the special mention. The bread looks lovely. Here's to baking more and more lovely breads! Yay!

    ReplyDelete