Friday, 16 May 2014

Green Thai Tofu Curry

                 The origin of Tofu is supposed to be in China. It is low caloric and healthy too . Sometimes people called it "Soya Paneer", though till now we, Bengalis do not like tofu as compared to Paneer which is restricted in case of heart disease and diabetic patients but tofu can be consumed easily in these cases means it is also recommended for patients too.  
             So my recipe  “Green Thai Tofu  Curry” is the mixed up recipe rather fusion of  Thai and Chinese cuisines. Truly speaking  I really love the wow smell of green thai paste though never tried to make myself. Many of the times I searched the net for real ingredients and actual procedure and tried to assemble all together but failed because of the  main ingredients "galangal" and lemon grass which are not easily available in our local market.So with no option I have to depend on Kolkata's famous “New Market / Hogg Market’. But at least for me it is not possible to go there only for one or two items always. Generally I jot down my cooking requirements and used to go on weekends. Few days before I thought of preparing Thai curry and I went to "South city Spencers" for lemon grass but I did not get that.My mood became off and I leaved it.

              Yesterday my Hubby brought tofu and told me to prepare some special with it. Then and then the idea clicked in my head and decided to prepare Thai Curry using it without those  particular ingredients, lemon grass and galangal. Galangal is nothing but  raw ginger which obviously present in my kitchen and I used fresh lemon leaves that I can get from my little kitchen garden which I made on my balcony with lots of love.

          Believe me I had got great success to bring the real taste of Thai curry and after dinner got more admiration and felt really happy. So Friends please try out this awesome Thai dish my "Green Thai Tofu Curry".



Ingredients:

For Green curry paste
·        Green chilies [Deseed]-8-10 nos.
·        Small onion – 1 no.
·        Ginger-garlic paste- 1 ½ tsp.
·        Fresh lemon leaves – 2-3 leaves
·        Coriander leaves [with roots]-3 branches
·        Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
·        Salt – ½ tsp.
·        Whole black pepper [Roasted]-1 tsp.
·        Cumin seeds [Roasted]- 1 tsp.
·        Coriander seeds [Roasted]-1 tbsp.
·        Method:
·        Paste all ingredients together.

For curry we need:

·        Tofu[cut into equal cubes] – 1 packet
·        Green curry paste- 1cup.
·        Butter- 40 grams
·        Coconut milk-1 cup [I used homemade coconut milk.]
·        Fish sauce- 1 tsp.
·        Lemon leave torn- 2-3 nos.
·        Lemon zest -1/4 tsp.
·        Sugar- ½ tsp.
·        Salt – to taste
·        Basil leaves – 2-3 nos.
·        Green chilies- 3-4 slices(for garnishing)


Method:

·        Heat butter in a non –stick pan and add the green curry paste and fry over low heat for 1 minute.
·        Add ½ cup coconut milk and continue cooking till mix almost dry, stirring occasionally. Add tofu and mix well.
·        Add fish sauce, lemon leaves, salt, sugar and remaining coconut milk and cook for 1 minute.
·        Add basil leaves.
·        Cover and cook over low flame about 5 min.

      ·        Garnish with sliced chilies.


FOR MORE RECIPES VISIT MY FACEBOOK PAGE Ume’s Kitchen
https://www.facebook.com/Umekitchen  ,If you really like to appreciate my recipes don't forget to like my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment