This is one of the simple and basic cake recipes. Spongeness and fluffyness both are very important in any type of cake base on which we used to decorate. When I first started to make cake I used to search various type of basic cake as my husband's suggestion. Today when I tried various decoration on cake, I realise it is important to make a basic cake first and then any type of decoration can be tried on it. Few days before at my place I arranged a kitty party and i made this cake and tried to decorated on it with a fresh cream and cream cheese, it 's appearance and taste both were awesome, but my bad luck is that I could not able to take snap at that day because of hurry. Today I made the same basic cake egg less and using yogurt. I had not decorate the cake much though used melted chocolate to decorate in hurry .Really it was an wonderful snacks with tea. I followed ,Joyeshri kitchen' for basic cakes.
· Yogurt – ½ cup.
· Sugar powder – 1 cup.
· Baking soda – ½ tsp.
· Baking powder – 1 ¼ tsp.
· Oil – ½ cup.
· Vanilla essence – 1 ½ tsp.
· Milk – ¼ cup.
· Tutti fruity – 1 ½ tbsp.
· Dark Chocolate(melted for toppings) – as required.
· In a mixing bowl put sugar and yogurt and beat well until it becomes creamy texture.
· Add baking soda and baking powder to this mixture and mix well.Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
· Add vanilla essence and oil to this and mix well.
· Fold flour into it and also mix tutti fruty.
· The batter is ready. Grease a cake mould and pour the batter.
· Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
· Now put the cake tin/mould into the pre heated oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
· Check it by inserting a tooth pick around center. If it is comes out clean then be sure that it is baked.
· After cooling down de-mould it and decorate the cake with melted dark chocolate using a spoon.