This is a very attractive and double layer pastry cake. But this is special for me as my 3 years little daughter helped me a lot to decorate the top for the very first time, she usually pampers me a lot whenever I do some special recipes, she used to ask lots of question why, which, what etc. about recipes. Now I am pretty much sure about her that she might develop some sort of interests about cooking.
From yesterday her vacation started .Her usual demand after getting up from bed is “mama I will make a happy birthday cake”, her initial pampering becomes her love for food and cooking. I am very much happy.After baking the cake I gave her peeled dark chocolate and encourage her to spread this on the top. She was very much excited and was really tried good .It was really a nice feelings
· Flour – 1 ½ cup.
· Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup.
· Baking powder – 1 tsp.
· Baking soda – ½ tsp.
· Egg – 3 pcs.
· Powder sugar – 1 cup .
· Oil – ½ cup.
· Milk – ¼ cup (or as required).
· Syrup (strawberry) – 2 tbsp.
· Dark chocolate – 50 grams (as required).
· Essence – as you wish (I used pine apple essence).
· Colour – rose pink 2 drops or as you wish.
· Choco chips – as required.
· In a mixing bowl first sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together and keep aside after mixing well.
· In another bowl beat powder sugar and eggs well until it becomes frothy.
· Put oil and milk into it and beat well (you can use essence at this time).
· Fold the flour – cocoa powder mixer into it, you can use little bit of milk if required to make the batter smooth.
· Put the cake batter into a greased cake mould.
· Preheat the oven at 180 deg. And then keep the batter into the oven, keep it for 40 minutes.
· Make the toothpick test as I mentioned in earlier post.
· Pull out the hot cake from oven and keep it for cooling down.
· Cut the ringed shaped cake horizontally into two equal parts.
· Spread strawberry syrup of 1 tbsp. over each slices.
· Now beat the whipped cream and pine apple essence in a mixing bowl till it became hard.
· Layer with the whipped cream over a slice and cover it with the other slice.
· Again make a layer with whipped cream over the top slice.
· Use the remaining whipped cream for garnishing.
· I used 2 drops of pink rose colour with the remaining whipped cream for garnishing.
· Garnish finally with peeled dark chocolate and Choco chips.
· It’s ready for a big bite.