Who says that the roasted chicken has to enjoy in the grilled mode. After making this recipe I felt that the convection is also a very easy and endeavor, that can serve you a perfect roast.
When I kept my first bite into the munch chicken, it just shredded very easily and its inner juiciness remain intact. Most of the time I have to make roasted chicken for my H - man and little daughter because they are huge fan of this mouthwatering recipe.
In my child day, my Maa used to make tandoori chicken because it was my Baba's one of the favourite food .on that day Micro oven was no so popular in middle class families but she had passion to prepare variety of recipes in her kitchen .To make this type of chicken first she grease a frying pan and used to place chicken pieces and covering it in medium-low flame. When chicken became soften and dried up with its marinated spices she used to put them over a net and placed them over traditional chulha. Within 5 minutes the nice aroma began to come out . we eagerly wait at that time for finishing it with our plates. Maa used to serve hot and chicken pieces finishes within a flash. Today when I prepare this easy and quick recipe, it just recall my old sweet memories and I think that she did not has so much convenience though she used to make lot of stuff like this whole heatedly.
· Chicken drumsticks- 6 nos.
· For first marinating:
· Lemon juice -2 tbsp.
· Salt- to taste
· Black paper -1/2 tsp.
· For second marinating:
· Garlic paste -1 tsp.
· Ginger paste -1/2 tsp.
· Green chili -2 nos.
· Bear -3 tbsp.
· Salt –to taste
· White pepper powder -1/4 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder -1 tsp.
· Olive oil -2 tbsp.[Sometimes I used fresh cream instead of olive oil. Here I used olive oil.
· Homemade Tandoori masala -1/2 tsp.
· Star anise – 1 broken petal of one star anise
· Rose petal -4-5 nos.
· Green Cardamoms -2 nos.
· Cinnamon stick -1 very small piece
· Clove -4-5 nos.
· Kebab chini -1 no.
· Grated nutmeg -1 pinch
· Mace -1 broken small piece
· Egg white – 1no.
· Dry roast all and make powder in blender.
· Wash and clean the drumstick .Dry it with kitchen towel.
· Marinate with lemon juice and black pepper .Keep it for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
· After 15 minutes strain the released water which came out from chicken and marinate with 2nd marinating ingredients and keep it for 6-7 hours.
· Preheat the oven in 180 degree cent.
· Place chicken sticks on the tawa and bake for 30 minutes or until it became soft and the colour changes to brown colour.
· If you want the grilled texture then grill 5 minutes more and then it is ready to serve.
(I did the last grilled step as my H-man like hard grilled but can be skipped.)