Chocolate coated rum balls are one of the tastiest snacks forever. Most of the children and we also huge fan of this easiest and nice-looking sweet. It is a truffle- like confection of sweet, dense balls flavored with chocolate and rum. The main ingredients of making balls are cookies and cake mixed with jam, condense milk and rum.
But my little daughter, Pari generally likes this sweet ,which is made using cake and also prefer it without any coating. Because she is the only lover of plain homemade cake. Frankly speaking I’m also fond of cake- made rum balls than biscuit-made rum balls, because I felt cake-made rum balls are much softer than another one. Whatever the taste always varies person to person.
For coating on top of the balls you can use anything as you wish. You may coat with desiccated coconut, chocolate rice, chopped nuts etc. When I was searching net for rum ball recipe and it's decoration from image ,I had chosen the site “My Mum’s Rum Balls” and changed little bit in my way and also skip coconut ingredients.
· Cake crumbs [any cake] -4 cups (I used chocolate egg less cake)
[For making cake: First I beat 1 /4 cup oil,12 tbsp. of milk maid and 1 cup powder sugar. Keep aside. Take sieved 1 cup of flour, 3 tbsp. of cocoa powder, 1 tsp. of baking powder and ½ tsp. of baking soda in an another mixing bowl.. Mixed well. Fold it to the oil-sugar mixture. At the time of folding used 2 tsp. Of liquid soda. Baked for 20 minutes in 180 degree c.]
· Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp.
· Mixed fruit jam -3 tbsp.
· Rum -1 tsp.
· Water- 2 tbsp.
· Combine cake crumbs, cocoa powder in a bowl. Add jam, rum and water in it. Mix well till the mixture comes together.
· Roll a little amount into ball shape.
· Put them in refrigerator for cooling binding and in the meantime prepare chocolate sauce.
For Choco sauce you need:
· Dark chocolate -60 grams.
· Maple syrup -3 tbsp.
· Butter -1 tbsp.
· Rum-1 tsp.
· Place chocolate, butter and maple syrup in a micro safe bowl.
· Heat in medium micro power for 1 min to melt chocolate.
· Stir till well combined. Add rum.
· Carefully dip each rum ball in prepared sauce and cool in refrigerator and serve.