The extreme hot weather does not motivate me to consume any rich and oily food. In this awful weather we should take these types of foods which make us cool. I felt lassie is perfect one of them. Is it not?
In my child days, there was a famous sweet shop near to our school. When I returned from school, I used to taste daily different flavored lassie including badam lassie, mango lassie, saffron rose lassie and it was my most favorite. A few rose petals used to spread on its top. Today also when I go to Chandannagar, I eagerly wait for this same drink from that particular shop.
The basic ingredients of this drink is known to all .I just wanted to present a new look to this fabulous drink. In case of soda lassie I follow the “Ruchi virani’s mocktail”, though she used ice-cream .Instead of ice-cream I just used yogurt
For this thread I made combo pack of lassie .Enjoy it and give your comments which is important and inspiration for me.
Preparation times: 10 minutes
Serving for: 2
· Sour yogurt -4 tbsp.
· Butter scotch ice cream -3 tbsp.
· Maple syrup -1 tbsp.
· Water -1 ½ cups
· Ice cube -4-5 nos.
· Salt -1 pinch
· Sugar powder-1 tbsp.
· Whipped cream[beat in soft pick]and Choco chips – for garnishing
· Put all ingredients in a big bowl. Blend well.
· Pour in to serving glass and garnish with whipped cream and Choco chips.[According to requirement take whipped cream first then beat until became hard pick.]
· Served child.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Serving for- 2
· Mango pulp-2 tbsp.
· Yogart-2 tbsp.
· Sugar powder -2 tbsp.
· Rose water -1 drop
· Black salt- 1 pinch
· Ice cube -2-3 ice cubes
· Liquid soda – 1 cup
· Strawberry syrup -3 tbsp.
· Mix fruit jam-3-4 cubes
· For making lassie in a mixing bowl put mango pulp, curd, sugar, salt and ice cube. Blend well.
· Then pour it in serving glass filling half portion. Put one jelly cube in it slowly and carefully.
· Then pour Strawberry syrup into it and then finally pour liquid soda very slowly covering the full glass. Garnish with jelly cubes.
Beat the heat and keep yourself cool .............. made exclusively for ongoing Kolkata Food Bloggers online even -"Beat The Heat"