Sunday, 2 March 2014

Lebanese cake

              "Semolina sweet yellow nuts cake"  from Lebanon is one of the very delicious and healthy baked recipes. It is also called "Lebanese sfouf recipe". It is generally made using semolina and turmeric powder for colour without egg and I must say it is a very easy baked recipe.  
             Most of the evening my little baby pampers me for eating happy birthday cake. She used to call any type cake, muffin or pastry as “Happy Birthday”. She only likes different types of cake made by her mom that is me. Whenever she used to sleep after lunch, I use that me time to experiment with foods and recipes, and it is the time when I prepared this recipe which also takes little time to prepare. It also plays an awesome role as a tea time snacks to my all family members.
           I used cashew nuts to spread over the cake, but one can use any type of nuts and raisins.Turmeric is used instead of food colour, which is also healthier than food colour.   




Ingredients:
·         Semolina-1 ½ cups
·         Flour- ½ cup
·         Powder sugar-1 cup
·         Baking powder- 1 ½ tsp.
·         Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp.
·         Milk-1 cup
·         Refined oil -1/2 cup
·         Chopped nuts like cashew nuts or almonds-1 tbsp.
Methods:
·         Grease an 8 inches baking tin.
·         In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients together and mix thoroughly.

·         Next add milk and oil to the dry ingredients and beat with an beater.
·         Pour the mixture in the greased tin and spread little bit flour coated nuts over the cake batter.
·         Preheat oven to 180 degree in convection.
·         Bake for 30 minutes or more until the inserting toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment