‘Valentine’s day’ - The 14th Feb is the Day of Love The Day Of Romance or someone can say it as a Day for special ones celebrates Worldwide. Though it is relatively new for us (Indian) but as we specially Bengalis hungry of celebration and food we celebrate it in our own ways. The sad part is that most of the time it’s a working day (I wish it could be a National Holiday J).My specials are my husband and my little Pari, they like fruit cake and chocolate cake very much .So I made basic sponge cake with chocolate layer for them this time-can be think of pre-valentine’s day celebration. I made this cake without any baking powder and baking soda. Before making the cake I was thinking of the fluffiness of the cake, but I got surprise result at the end as the cake came out a perfect fluffy.
FOR SPONGE CAKE
· Butter-50 grams.
· Eggs-4 nos.
· Sugar powder-1/2 cup+ 2 tbsp.
· Vanilla essence-1 tsp.
· Refined flour(Shifted)-1 cup
· Chocochips-2 tbsp.
· Murabba chopped- 1 tbsp.
· Melt the butter and set it aside to cool.
· In a mixing bowl Bear together butter and sugar till light and creamy. Next add eggs one by one and vanilla essence and beat well till light and creamy. Gradually cut and fold the shifted flour in it and mix with spatula only in one direction. Then mix in it chips and murabba chopped.
· Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree centigrade. Grease a nine-inch heart shaped tin with butter or white oil and pour cake batter into it and bake for 30 minutes ,till well risen and golden brown on top.
· Turn out onto the wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
· Light chocolate bar-50 grams.
· Dark chocolate bar-50 grams.
· Butter-1 ½ tbsp.
· Cream(you can use both fresh cream or whipped cream)-3 tsp. [I used Whipped cream and beat it just after pulling out from freezer]
· Unflavored gelatin-1¼ tbsp.
· Water- 2 tbsp.
· In a micro save bowl first put the cream and beat .then put it into the oven in high micro mode for 5 seconds.
· In another bowl put chopped both types of chocolates and melt in micro high power for 1-2 minutes. Pour cream and melted butter in it.Beat well with electric beater.
· In a cup put gelatin and water .Micro for 30 second to high power. Turn out from oven and beat it until smooth. Put gelatin mixture into the chocolate –cream mixture and beat well.
· Pour this mixture over the cake covering the total cake and give time to set .