Though it is very common recipe, still I am putting one of my and bong's favorite food item into my blog. Especially, after a long travel or after a series of rich/junk and heavy meals this is what we would like to have. Even on a special bengali occasion, we would have this as, one of the comfort foods to balance with all the rich food items.
· Fish pieces (Rohu/Katla)- 4 nos.
· Onion slices-1 no.
· Capsicum slices-1 no.
· Salt- to taste
· Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder-1 tsp.
· Panch phoron(Panch phutana)-1/4 tsp.
· Chopped Coriander leaves-2 tbsp.
· Green chili-4 nos.
· Mustard oil- as required.
· Mix turmeric powder & salt with fish pieces.
· Heat a pan with oil. Fry fish pieces into hot oil till it becomes brown. Remove it from heat & keep aside.
· Put panch foron into the remaining hot oil. When is began to splutter put onion and capsicum into it. Cook 1 minute.
· In a bowl mix turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder salt and ¾ cup water together.
· Put this mixture in it. When it began to boil put chopped coriander and green chili, put fried fish pieces also.
· Leave it for boiling with cover for 10 minutes in low flame.
· Remove the pan from heat, spread coriander leaf over it for garnishing.
· Serve hot with hot steam rice.