Aloo Ka Paratha is one of the most famous break fast dish in Northern and Central states of India.Like all other fried Indian Breads, it becomes more tasty when it is eaten with mango pickles or mint chatney.
· Refined Plain flour -1 ¼ cups
· Wheat Atta -¾ cup
For making dough
· Ajowain-1/4 cup
· Curd-1 tbsp
· Oil -1 ½ tsp.
· Baking powder-1 pinch
· Baking soda-1 pinch
· Salt - 1/4 tsp.
· Dry yeast- 1/4 tsp.
· Milk -1/2 small cup
· Water- as require
For making stuffing
· Mashed potato-1 cup
· Green chili (finely chopped)-2 nos.
· Chopped coriander leaves-1/2 cup
· Grated ginger-1/2 tbsp.
· Cumin seed-1/4 tsp.
· Asafoetida- 1pinch
· Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp.
· Mango powder-1/4 tsp.
· Salt- to taste
· Oil-for frying
· Take hot milk. Mix dry yeast with it keeps aside till the yeast is dissolved into milk.
· Take a mixing bowl. Put flour and Atta in it. Put all above dough ingredients in it except water and mix with hand well.
· Pour milk mixture in it and mix it. Make a soft dough by sprinkle the required water and keep aside with cover 1 ½ hour.
· In a mixing bowl take mashed potato .Mix green chili, mango powder, Garam masala powder, grated ginger, salt and coriander leaves in it.
· Heat a pan. Put 1 tsp. oil in it. Give cumin seed and asafoetida in it. When it is being crackle put potato mixture in it. Cook for one minute and remove it from heat and keep aside for cool.
· Divide the dough into equal portion. Take each portion of the dough and press it on the palm and flatten it.
· Stuff potato mixture within it.
· With a rolling pin flatten the ball into 1” thick paratha using little flour .
· Heat a tawa. Place the paratha on the tawa and fry it using ½ tsp. oil, till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
· Serve hot with pickle or chatpata pudina(mint) chatney.