Lemon – Potato Tava Kulcha
Flour – 3 cups.
Fresh curd – 2 tbsp.
Luke warm milk – 1 cup.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Butter – 2 tbsp.
Salt – for taste.
Kaffir LimeGandharaj Lebu)- 2 nos
Potato(big) – 2 nos(boiled & smashed).
Coriander - chopped – 1 tbsp.
Ginger grated – 1 tsp.
Asafoetida – 1 pinch.
Greeen chilli(chopped) – ½ tsp.
Salt – to taste.
Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp.
Roasted cumin seed powder – ¼ tsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Oil (for frying).
1. Mix the yeast in Luke warm milk.
2. Cover up and keep aside for an hour.
3. Then add sugar and mix well.
4. Mix together Maida baking powder, salt, oil, curd, mix thoroughly.
5. Then put the milk in the Maida slowly and need to make a soft dough.(put oil on it so the dough won’t stick on the hand later).
6. Cover it up and keep aside at least for 5-6 hours.
7. Smash boiled potatoes with the filling ingredients mentioned above and mix well.
For the stuffed kulcha:
9. Stuff potato mix within it.
10. With a rolling pin flatten the balls into1/4 inch thick paratha.
11. Then rub over lemon juice on one side of the paratha and sprinkle Kashmiri red chili powder (in small amount) over it.
12. Heat a tava, place the side on the tava where lemon juice has been rubbed.
13. After a minute hold the handle of the tava and keep the paratha on the direct flame of the gas. On medium heat.
14. When it became golden brown and popped remove it from heat .
15. Serve hot topped with butter with Raita / Pickles .