Healthy Polao and Chicken kosa
Ingredents [ Healthy Polao] :
Basmati Rice – 2 cups.
Carrot (grated) – 2 tbsp.
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 ½ tbsp.
Onion(Grated)- 1 big sieze.
Salt – to taste.
Suger – 1tsp.
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder(green cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, clove dry roasted and make powder) – 1 tsp.
Whole garam masala – 2 bay leaves,2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick.
· Boil the rice with water and whole garam masala
· Drain the water and let it be cool.
· Mix it with salt to taste and sugar and keep aside.
· Heat a kadai with oil and put carrot, capsicum and onion, sauté lightly.
· Mix with salt to taste and little bit sugar and ¼ tsp garam masala powder, then remove from heat.
· Take a deep pan, greese it with oil.
· Place ½ rice in a deep pan, then spread some cooked vegetables mixture and then spread garam masala powder over it.
· Cover with another layer of rice and spread garam masala over it .
· Cover the deep pan with lid.
· Before serve heat the pan for 2 -3 minutes and serve hot with Chicken kosa.
Ingredients [Chicken kosa]:
Chicken(Medium size piece with bone) – 500 grms.
Onion (grated) – 2 tbsp.
Ginger(grated) – 1 tbsp.
Garlic (roughly chopped) – ½ tsp.
Garam masala powder(roasted nutmeg and mace and make powder)- 1/2 tsp.
Kasuri methi powder- 1 tbsp.
Salt – to taste.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
Red chili powder – ¼ tsp.
Green and black cardamoms – 2 nos.
· Boil the chicken with chopped garlic and little bit salt.
· Heat oil in a pan and put green and black cardamoms and bay leaves.
· When it began to crackle put onion and saute till light brown.
· Then put ginger , turmeric ,red chili powder and mix well and saute 3-4 minutes.
· Then put chicken pieces, salt to taste and mix well, Cook 5 minutes in low flame in covering lid.
· Open the lid mix kasuri methi powder and 1 cup chicken stock.
· Cook again for 8 to 10 minutes.
· When the gravy become thicker mix garam masala powder.
· Remove it from heat and give a standing time.
· Serve hot with freshly prepared polao.