Mutton Liver Masala
Serves: 2-3 persons
- Mutton liver -¼ kg.
- Potato (cubed) -1 medium
- Onions (2 medium size) -finely chopped
- Grated Ginger -1 tsp.
- Garlic paste -1 tbsp.
- Tomato ( 1 medium) -cut into half ring
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Red chili powder - ¼ tsp.
- Jeer powder - ½ tsp.
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped)-1 tbsp.
- Vinegar -1 tsp.
- Chicken stock -2 cups (optional/ worm water can be used)
- Bay leaves 2 no’s
- Cinnamon Stick - ½ Inch
- Green Cardamoms -3 no’s
- Cloves - 3 no’s
- Green chilly (finely chopped) - ½ tsp.
- Whole Mace -1/4th.
- Roasted Gram Masala powder
- (Mace ,Nutmeg, Green cardamom, clove, Cinnamon stick, white jeer, white pepper
- first roast and make powder)-1/4 tsp.
- Mustard oil -1 tbsp.
- Ghee -1 tbsp.
- Salt -As per taste
- Suger - ½ tsp.
1. Cut the Mutton liver into small cubes and clean it.
2. Cut potato into cubes.
3. Heat mustard oil and ghee in a pan.
4. When heated, add whole mace,Bay leaf, cinnamon stick,clove and green cardamoms.
5. When it being started to crackle,add chopped onion and potatoes.Saute for 1 minutes.
6. Add Garlic paste, grated ginger, chopped green chili, salt and suger. Mix well for 1 minute.
7. Add liver and after mixing cover the lid and left over it with low flame for 5 minutes.
8. In the meantime in a pot mix Turmeric powder,Jeer powder,Coriander powder,Red chili powder with 2 tbsp. water.
9. After 5 minutes open the lid and add this mixture.Stir until the oil is floated over the masala.
10.When done add vinegar and chicken stock in it and with cover and low flame left over it until
liver is boiled.
11. When liver is boiled and gravy is became tricky, Spread roasted masala powder and off the gas and give standing time.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and Tomatoes.
13. Serve hot with roti or paratha.